Using the designs we created last week and wood we managed to create our own mini reaction and combustion plants so we could more accurately test our robot.
The end result ended up looking like this:
After testing our cube collector we began working on our solar panel claw. Up to this point we had been using the standard claw that comes with the REV Robotics kit but also attached to wheels to the front of it for a better grip. After some testing we realised that this wasn’t strong enough to lift up the solar panel high enough. The first design we tried was replacing both of the wheels with bigger ones and place one of them at an angle.
This again didn’t work as intended but we realised that the problem wasn’t the grip of the wheels but the points of contact. Knowing this we replaced the wheels with axles holding two smaller wheels. We begun testing it and success it was able to grab the solar panel and bring it to the correct height.