Continuing from our previous meetings our goal for this week was to finalise and install our cube collector on to our robot. Using a sprockets we managed to get the chain to be tense enough to allow cubes to go in and out of the collector.
The next step was to install it on the robot. After calculating the proper height it should be attached we installed using to parallel extrusions facing up on the back of the robot. Next we had to find a way to make it lift up and go down in order to collect and throw cubes. Using gear we managed to make an efficient system for lifting up the mechanism. We also attached a potentiometer so the mechanism wouldn’t go higher or lower than it should as not to break the mechanism or the motor.